We've updated and expanded our 3D digital game – IXSA - which introduces first-time voters to the electoral process in a fun, interactive and innovative way.
The game allows users to pick an avatar and then follow their character in registering as a voter and then voting on Election Day – facing a number of fun and informative missions along the way which educate voters on how, when and where to register and cast their votes.
Players earn points for how election-savvy they are and can complete against other South Africans by posting their scores on social media and challenging their friends to beat their score.
New to the 2015 release are:
- A whole new mission to get voters registered for the first time at the voting station where they live
- Enhanced graphics
- New scenes and challenges with more interactivity with characters you meet along the way
- More points to be won – and lost if you get the answers wrong!
“This game is about making the voting process accessible to young people in a format they are familiar with – and in their pockets and on the move via their smart phones,” explained Dr Nomsa Masuku, Deputy Chief Electoral Officer: Outreach. "Learning is best achieved when people are having fun and don’t feel like they are being taught. The digital gaming world is the perfect place to combine education and entertainment."
The IXSA game can be downloaded free for Android from Google Play and for iPhone from the Apple iStore.
- CREATE your own character
- EXPLORE your environment and LEARN everything there is to know about registering and voting in South African elections in great 3D graphics
- SCORE points for your knowledge and speed (and a few fun points too!) as you figure out the best and fastest way to participate in elections and help choose the future you want
- FREE to play!
How to play
Download the game as a mobile app from: