Frequently Asked Questions: Parties


Frequently asked questions about political parties in general

Q: Are political parties publicly funded?
A: Yes, we manage the Represented Political Parties' Fund, which provides funding for political parties participating in Parliament and provincial legislatures. Only parties represented in Parliament and provincial legislatures are eligible for public funding. For more details, please see party funding.
Q: How do I start my own political party?
A: To be able to participate in an election, a political party must be registered with the IEC. Please see how to register a political party for details.

Party Liaison Committee (PLC) Documentation

PLC Documentation FAQ

Q: How do I log in to the PLC Documentation system?
A: Party Liaison Committee Representatives require a valid username and password to log in and access online PLC Documentation. To get a username and password, please contact the Party Liaison department at our National Office.